Whether you’re eating vegan to be healthier or because you feel passionately about animal rights (or both!), practicing a vegan lifestyle can be hard when you’re on the go. Luckily, if you have a Subway restaurant close by, you can have a quick and delicious vegan meal!
EditIn a Hurry?
For an easy vegan meal at Subway, order a Veggie Delite sandwich on Italian Bread or 9-Grain Wheat, or turn your Veggie Delite into a salad. Pile your sandwich high with your choice of veggies, like spinach, cucumbers, black olives, and jalapeños. If you don’t mind an extra charge, guacamole is a healthy and delicious addition to your vegan sandwich. Top your sandwich with vegan-friendly sauces like Sweet Onion Sauce or Brown Deli Mustard. Keep reading for ideas on ordering healthy sides from Subway!
EditCrafting a Veggie Sub
- Order a Veggie Delite sandwich. The Veggie Delite is a meat-free sandwich, and you can add as many different vegetables as you want! You can order the sandwich in a 6″ or 12″ length on the vegan-friendly bread options.
- Choose Italian Bread if you omit honey from your diet. Some vegans choose to avoid honey as a part of their diet. The Italian Bread is not made with eggs, dairy, or honey.
- Subway’s Sourdough Bread and Roasted Garlic Bread are both vegan, but they are not available at all Subway stores.
- Choose the 9-Grain Wheat Bread if honey is a part of your vegan diet. If you choose to include honey in your diet, the 9-Grain Wheat Bread contains more whole grains than the Italian Bread.
- Layer on your favorite veggies. Pile your Veggie Delite high with your choice of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onions, spinach, black olives, pickles, jalapeños, and banana peppers.
- Some Subway restaurants also offer avocado, carrots, and sweet peppers.
- Add guacamole for a dose of healthy fats. Subway’s guacamole is free of any dairy or egg products, making it a great choice for adding heart-healthy monounsaturated fat to your meal!
- There is an extra charge for adding guacamole to your sandwich.
- Finish your sandwich with your choice of vegan-friendly condiments. Subway offers a number of sauces that you can add to your sandwich. Vegan options include Yellow Mustard, Deli Brown Mustard, Oil and Vinegar, Sweet Onion Sauce, Fat-Free Italian Dressing, Subway Vinaigrette, and Buffalo Sauce.
EditFinding Other Vegan Options
- Turn your Veggie Delite into a salad to skip the carbs. If you’re trying to eat less bread, opt for a salad topped with your favorite veggies. This is usually available to order straight from the menu, or you can just ask for it. You can dress your salad with any of Subway’s vegan-friendly sauces, including Oil and Vinegar, Sweet Onion Sauce, Fat-Free Italian Dressing, Subway Vinaigrette, and Buffalo Sauce.
- Try the Malibu Garden Patties if your local Subway carries them. A growing number of Subway stores carry vegan veggie patties, known as the Malibu Garden Patty.
- Avoid the Vegimax Patty, as this is made with eggs and dairy.
- If you’re not sure if your Subway location carries this sandwich, call them ahead of time to ask!
- Order the Low-Fat Black Bean Soup for a hearty vegan treat. Soups vary by location, but if your store carries the Black Bean Soup, stop by and try it out. You can enjoy the soup by itself or as a side with your salad or sandwich.
- Choose Apple Slices or vegan chips as your side. Finish your meal with a delicious, vegan-friendly side. Apple Slices are the healthiest option, but if you’re craving a crunch, opt for Classic Lay’s, Baked Lay’s, or SunChips Original.
EditSources and Citations
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found